Skip to navigation Skip to content
bar scene

Alcohol on campus 

If you're planning an event at UWA that involves serving alcohol, you'll need to ensure you comply with the University's policies and obtain the necessary permits.

Obtaining a liquor permit

Understanding the regulations: Before applying for a permit, it is essential to familiarise yourself with the University’s Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy. This policy outlines all relevant regulations.  

How to apply

Students and visitors: Make a request to Security by emailing: [email protected]

Staff: More information on applying for a liquor permit is available on the Staff Intranet

Submitting your application: Completed forms must be submitted to the Security Office:

  • At least 7 days before your event/function for standard applications. 
  • At least 21 days in advance for events requiring an occasional license.

Additional information

For further details and regulations on liquor licensing, refer to the Office of Racing, Gaming and Liquor.

Cookies help us improve your website experience. By using our website, you agree to our use of cookies.