Short stays at UWA
UWA offers a number of short term accommodation options close to campus for UWA staff, students and visitors. Stays are available from as little as one night to a maximum of two months.
The University owns 10 short-term accommodation properties, located close to the main campus. All units are air-conditioned and furnished, including bed linen, towels and cooking utensils.
Myers Street two-storey townhouses (four available)
- Three bedrooms (max six guests)
- Includes sitting room, kitchen, laundry and courtyard
- Suitable for families with children
Clark Street units (six available)
- Two one-bedroom units (max two guests)
- Four two-bedroom units (max four guests)
- Includes sitting room, kitchen and combined bathroom/laundry
- Suitable for individuals or families
Min stay: five nights. Max stay: two months.Booking enquiry
A number of modern self-catering apartments are now available at Forrest Hall to visiting fellows, researchers and academics for short stays of up to two months.
The serviced studio rooms and two bedroom apartments offer panoramic views of the Swan River, and are complemented by exceptional common spaces that include dedicated study and lounge areas; as well as a library and resource centre.
Conditions apply. Refer to the FAQs below or contact us for further details.Book now Find out more
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Am I eligible for UWA Short Stay accommodation?
Crawley Village short-term accommodation is available to:
- UWA staff and students
- UWA visiting academics, affiliates and the general public
Forrest Hall short-term accommodation is available to:
- Visiting fellows, researchers and academics from any of the five WA universities
- Staff members referred by HR/Head of Department of any of the five WA universities
- Family members visiting Scholars or Fellows residing at Forrest Hall
- PhD students (Higher Doctorate, Professional Doctorate, etc) visiting any of the five WA universities
- Conference attendees to any of the five WA universities
- Guests invited by Executives or faculties from any of the five WA universities
- What are the payment terms?
A non-refundable 25 per cent deposit is to be paid within seven days of the enquiry to confirm the booking. Payment of the outstanding balance is required at least three working days prior to the check-in date.
- What is your cancellation policy?
A non-refundable 25 per cent deposit is to be paid within seven days of the enquiry to confirm the booking. Payment of the outstanding balance is required at least three working days before the check-in date.
- All cancellations must be received in writing.
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable unless otherwise arranged.
Cancellation payments will be charged as follows:
Days prior to check-in date Payment required 90 days or more Deposit 89-60 days Deposit plus 25% of outstanding 59-30 days Deposit plus 50% of outstanding 29-3 days Deposit plus 75% of outstanding < 3 days Deposit plus 100% of outstanding
- What is included in the Crawley Village properties?
- Kitchens are equipped with appliances including a kettle, fridge and microwave. A welcome pack with provisions such as tea, coffee and washing detergent is also provided for the beginning of your stay. Beds are pre-made and an additional set of linen is available for your convenience.
- Is breakfast included in the price?
- Crawley Village units and Forrest Hall apartments are self-catered and include a well-equipped kitchen. Shopping facilities available within easy walking distance or via public transport.
Other short-term accommodation options
St Catherine's on Park
St Catherine’s on Park offers 21 modern studios and apartments for visitors to UWA and Perth. Indulge in our outstanding collegiate facilities with complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast throughout your stay. All our rooms are fully self-contained and serviced daily.
- Executive Studio
- Premium Studio
- Executive Apartment
- Premium Apartment
- Queen-sized bed and ensuite bathroom
- Kitchenette (fridge, kettle, sink, microwave and induction cooktop)
- Study nook and lounge area with LCD TV
- Private balcony (Premium rooms only)
Complimentary daily breakfast and internet access included.
St George's College
Conveniently located within walking distance from QEII Medical Centre and Hollywood Hospital, with easy transport to Mount Hospital and the city, the College sits enviably between Kings Park and the Swan River, with beautiful leisure facilities right on your doorstep.
- Standard single (one shared bathroom between two rooms)
- Ensuite single
- Single bed
Complimentary daily breakfast and internet access included.
Trinity Residential College
Trinity Residential College offer short-term accommodation for groups, such as schools, outside of the university academic year. Prices start from $100* per person, per night, and include meals in the dining hall.
- Standard room (single with shared bathroom)
- Premium room (en-suite, and/or double room) – limited availablity
- 3 meals* in dining room
- Bed linen (such as a duvet, pillow and sheet) and a towel
- Wifi and use of the Rogerson recreation centre
- Parking is available upon request.
Packed lunches are available upon request and may incur an additional fee.
Wonil Hotel Perth – Handwritten Collection
Sitting on the banks of the Swan River, the Wonil Hotel Perth offers a variety of spacious accommodation options. Through a unique operating model, net revenue from the hotel will be reinvested back into the Forrest Research Foundation (FRF) to support current and prospective scholars and fellows.
Located in the Forrest Hall Precinct on The University of Western Australia (UWA) campus, wonil, a word used by the First Nations Noongar translates to 'Peppermint Tree'. These trees populate the banks of Swan River surrounding the hotel which has traditional medicinal value. The wonil is a symbol of learning that the hotel has embodied where guests and locals come together to live, learn, work and play with sustainable and locally sourced dining, multifunctional spaces and outdoor areas.
21 Hackett Drive, Perth