Centre for Public Value UWA
About the Centre
The establishment of this centre is motivated by the opportunity for making a real and substantial contribution to Australian and regional communities. The institutionalisation of the work of Not-for-profits UWA will allow the substantial work to be continued while ensuring that the longevity of the research program is not person-dependent. The creation of this centre will also increase our national and international visibility, develop opportunities for greater resourcing from funders and build on the UWA Business School’s reputation for impactful and relevant research.
Aims and Objectives
The aims of the centre are to institutionalise research outcomes by formalising the work already underway by the Not-for-profits UWA Research Group and to increase outputs and impact by increasing research and engagement activities. To achieve this, the centre will pursue the following objectives:
- Create a theme of research focused on the systemic evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of the Australasian human services sector.
- Incorporate current activities, and develop additional activities, into the theme of research focused on achieving systemic governance, accountability and transparency.
- Incorporate current activities, and develop additional activities, into the theme of research focused on establishing necessary high quality data assets and linking extant data assets to facilitate the development of high-quality research outcomes and to encourage HDR students to pursue studies in this area within the UWA Business School.
- Incorporate current activities, and develop additional activities, into the theme of research focused on the economics of the Australasian human services sector.
The Centre's Research Programs
- Australian Nonprofit Accountability
- Australian Disability Services System
- Economics of Human Services
- History of Human Services and the Welfare State
- Australian Nonprofit Accounting Standards Research Program
This program, supported by the Institute of Community Directors and being undertaken by a group of Australian universities led by Not-for-profits UWA, is focused on supporting the development of efficient and effective accounting standards for nonprofit and charitable organisations.
For more information on the program, its research aims and contribution please visit the program's webpage.
- Public Sector Accountability and Governance
- Resources to Support Nonprofits
Members and associates
Centre for Public Value Research Team
UWA Adjunct Personnel
UWA Honorary Research Fellows
Links to Related Research Centres and Institutes
Publications and resources
The Centre for Public Value strives to provide practical and accessible resources to directors, CEOs, management and other key stakeholders to best position them to contribute value with efficiency and confidence.
Check out our YouTube channel for more videos offering bitesize practical insights.
ANZTSR 15th Biennial Australian and New Zealand Third Sector Research Conference
Achievements and Challenges in Creating Public Good
Thank you to all who attended this year's conference. It was fantastic to be able to share and discuss the valuable work being conducted on and within the third sector.
Recordings of the ANZTSR Conference Sessions can be accessed via the Centre's YouTube Channel
Academics associated with the research network are available for supervising topics related to public value as well as its relevant intercepts. Please visit here for more information about applying.