2019 Junior Art and Design Awards
As part of its commitment to the broader community, the UWA School of Design is proud to announce its inaugural
Junior Art and Design Awards.
In celebration of emerging creative talent across Western Australia, the awards are open to young artists and designers who engage in a variety of disciplines, including Architecture, Ceramics, Drawing, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture and Video.
The theme for this year’s award is ‘A Changing World’ and will be divided into six categories:
1) Art & Environment
2) Art & Science/Engineering
3) Art & Storytelling
4) Design & Environment
5) Design & Science/Engineering
6) Design & Storytelling
The awards are open to artists or designers in years 7-9 and 10-12.
Submissions will be assessed by a panel of professional judges who will evaluate work for creativity, quality of skill, and responsiveness to the selected entry category. Prizes will be awarded to the top submissions in each category, and a curated selection of work from all entries will be invited to participate in an award exhibition at the Cullity Gallery at the UWA School of Design.
Win from a pool of over $2,000 in prize money and winners' packs.
How to apply
Entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com
You may submit up to 3 items. Only submissions made via email will be accepted.
Your entry must include the following:
1) Your full name
2) Age, school and school year
3) Postal address, email address and phone number
4) Title of the work
5) Dimensions of the work: height x width x depth (cm)
6) Medium/materials your work has been made with (eg. acrylic on canvas)
7) A Project Statement maximum 150 words describing how the work responds to one of the
three categories for judgement
8) A single high resolution image of the work in jpeg format, 300 dpi, Max file size 5MB
9) Image file must be labelled with the your first initial and last name followed by an entry item
number (eg. J.Doe.01.jpeg)
10) Video submissions must include a video still and web link to the video online
(eg. Vimeo, YouTube). Videos must be no longer than 3 minutes in length
Entry deadline is 4 October 2019.
Contact the Junior Art and Design Awards Coordinator Mike Bianco at firstname.lastname@example.org