Terms and Conditions
Careers Expo Competition 2023
Careers Expo competition terms and conditions
Terms and conditions apply to the Careers Expo 2023 competition taking place from Thursday 18 May and Sunday 21 May 2023.
- The Promoter of the "Activity Competition" is The University of Western Australia (ABN 37 882 817 280) of 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, Western Australia 6009 ("UWA").
- Details on eligibility, how to enter and the prizes for the competitions are set out in these terms and conditions of entry ("Terms and Conditions"). By entering into these competitions, entrants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to these competitions, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Entrants must be aged sixteen (16) years or older to be eligible to win.
- Employees of the Promoter are not eligible to enter these competitions.
- UWA or its contractor or agent may, in their absolute discretion, disqualify an entrant for any reason including breaching these Terms and Conditions, or acceptable or reasonable standards of safety, conduct and respect.
How to enter
- To enter the E-Scooter Competition, eligible persons must:
- Complete the sign up form at the event,
- Comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants may not submit multiple entries to the competition.
Prizes on offer
- The prizes are:
- E-scooter and helmet
- Segway Ninebot F40A Electric Scooter – valued at $799.99
- Mini Lifer Certified Helmet, Black Matte – valued at $89.95
- Runner up prizes:
- UWA Frank Green water bottles – valued at $59.95
- UWA x CHAMPION hoodie valued at $74.99
- UWA X CHAMPION bucket hat valued at $39.99
- The prizes are subject to the following rules:
- Participants must complete the UWA Careers Expo form and guess the amount of lollies in the jar for a chance to win a prize by 11.59pm, Sunday 21 May 2023.
- Participants acknowledge that the law is you need to be 16 years of age to ride an e-scooter.
- If the prize winner is under the age of 16 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
- The winner’s parent or legal guardian may be required to provide evidence of their identity (such as photographic ID, birth certificate or current passport) when receiving the prize.
- By entering the competition, the entrant agrees that they are over the age of 16 years, or if under the age of 16 years, have their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to enter the competition.
- The prizes must be taken as stated at Clause 10 and are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, but is under no obligation to, substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Any tax payable as a result of the prizes being awarded or received will be the prize winners’ responsibility.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for the loss of a prize or the inability of a prize winner to use a prize due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by the prize winner or otherwise.
- The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability and/or merchantability of the prizes.
- The winner acknowledges and agrees that no other payment, cost, fee or prize is payable to the winner by the Promoter.
- E-scooter and helmet
- The competition commences on Thursday 18 May 2023 at 7am AWST and closes on Sunday 21 May 2023 at 11.59pm AWST (“Promotional Period”). Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period to be valid. Entries received after this time will not be included in the competition and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, incorrect or invalid entries.The competitions commence on 16 January 2023 at 9.00am AWST and close on 22 March 2023 at 11.59pm AWST (“Promotional Period”). Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period to be valid. Entries received after this time will not be included in the competitions and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, incorrect or invalid entries.
- The prize winners will be determined by correctly guessing (or guessing the closest) number of lollies in the jar. This will be decided at The University of Western Australia as determined by the Brand and Marketing department.
- In the event where two or more entries are equally as close to the correct number of lollies, one winner will be random selected and awarded the major prize (E-Scooter and Helmet).
- The winners will be notified by phone or email within five business days of the draw.
- The prizes must be claimed by the winners within 30 days of notification of winning. Winners will be required to claim their prize by collecting it from the Promoter. Details of where and how to collect the Prize will be provided by the Promoter at the time it notifies the winner. The Prizes will not be shipped or otherwise delivered to the winner.
- If the Prize is not claimed within that 30-day period, the Promoter may, at its discretion conduct further draws at the same time of day and place as the original draw in order to distribute the unclaimed Prize. The winner of any unclaimed prize draw will be notified by phone or email within five business days of the draw and must claim the prize within 30 days of notification of winning in accordance with Clause 15. If not claimed, the Promoter may conduct further draws following expiry of that 30-day period.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter once submitted.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant acknowledges and agrees that it is giving the Promoter permission to use their entry for marketing, publicity or promotional purposes.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competitions, including, but not limited to, liabilities arising from or in connection with:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant;
- redemption of the Prize; and
- participation in the competitions.
- UWA reserves the right to suspend, cancel or otherwise close the competitions earlier than is stated in these Terms and Conditions for safety, security, technical failures, weather conditions or any other causes which affect the proper administration, fairness or security of the competitions.
- For more information, contact Hayley Slotow, Marketing Officer, Brand Marketing and Recruitment: [email protected].
Open, close and draw and publish dates
Privacy and miscellaneous
For more information