Events you may be interested in
UWA Virtual Open Day
This year we’re moving our annual Open Day online.
- Categories: Online
- Audiences: A mature age student pursuing my first degreeA parent of a prospective studentA secondary school student in Year 10A secondary school student in Year 11A secondary school student in Year 12A secondary school career adviser or teacherStudying at another tertiary institution
Careers and further study
Take your studies to a new level with a postgraduate degree and discover what career opportunities lie ahead.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery
- General Surgery; Breast/Endocrine, Colorectal, Upper Gastrointestinal
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Surgical Education
- Vascular Surgery
Fees and scholarships
Learn more about the fees that apply to you for this course. For fee type definitions and further assistance, see the Fee Calculator Help page. You can also search our database for scholarships that are relevant to you or this course.
Postgraduate scholarships support UWA's position as one of Australia's leading research-intensive universities and the premier research institution in WA.
Research Training Program
Cost of living
If you’re interested in furthering your career by studying this postgraduate degree, find out the admission details below.
(a) a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery of this University, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty;
(b) a minimum of two years' postgraduate professional experience;
(c)(i) enrolment in a surgical traineeship through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Surgical Education and Training Program; or
(ii) qualification as a surgeon with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty; or
(iii) qualification as a medical practitioner desirous of an academic career in surgery;
(d) eligibility for registration with the Medical Board of Western Australia.
Research and coursework supplementary form
How to apply
Ready to apply for this postgraduate course? Follow the steps below and you’ll be on your way to joining us at UWA.
When lodging your application, follow the steps for domestic research or international research students.
About the course
- Available 2019
- Perth (Crawley campus)
- Semester 1
- The estimated time commitment for a standard full-time enrolment is approximately 46 hours per week (over 13 weeks) which includes contact hours, personal study and examinations.
- This course is not available to international student visa holders
Postgraduate coursework degrees and combined (coursework and research) degrees comprise a number of units. Refer to the course structure for more information.