Events you may be interested in
UWA Program Series - Master of Professional Engineering
Join us for an online information session where we will provide you with detailed information about our Master of Professional Engineering degree. We’ll cover course structure, specialisations and internship opportunities on offer.
- Categories: Online
- Audiences: Studying at UWAStudying at another tertiary institution
UWA Program Series - Bachelor of Commerce
If money makes the world go around, commercial activity is the fuel. Find out more about the business world and how you can make your mark by joining our online information session this November.
- Categories: Online
- Audiences: Studying at another tertiary institutionProfessionalsA mature age student pursuing my first degreeA parent of a prospective studentA secondary school career adviser or teacherA secondary school student in Year 12
MBA and Graduate Certificate Information Session 30 Nov
Come along to this information evening about our MBA and pathway programs.
- Categories: Local event - at UWA campus
- Audiences: Graduates or near graduatesStudying at another tertiary institution
Careers and further study
Take your studies to a new level with a postgraduate degree and discover what career opportunities lie ahead.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery
- General Surgery; Breast/Endocrine, Colorectal, Upper Gastrointestinal
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Surgical Education
- Vascular Surgery
Fees and scholarships
Learn more about the fees that apply to you for this course. For fee type definitions and further assistance, see the Fee Calculator Help page. You can also search our database for scholarships that are relevant to you or this course.
Postgraduate scholarships support UWA's position as one of Australia's leading research-intensive universities and the premier research institution in WA.
Research Training Program
Cost of living
If you’re interested in furthering your career by studying this postgraduate degree, find out the admission details below.
(a) a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery of this University, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty;
(b) a minimum of two years' postgraduate professional experience;
(c)(i) enrolment in a surgical traineeship through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Surgical Education and Training Program; or
(ii) qualification as a surgeon with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty; or
(iii) qualification as a medical practitioner desirous of an academic career in surgery;
(d) eligibility for registration with the Medical Board of Western Australia.
Research and coursework supplementary form
How to apply
Ready to apply for this postgraduate course? Follow the steps below and you’ll be on your way to joining us at UWA.
When lodging your application, follow the steps for domestic research or international research students.
About The Course
- Available 2019
- Perth (Crawley campus)
- Semester 1
- The estimated time commitment for a standard full-time enrolment is approximately 46 hours per week (over 13 weeks) which includes contact hours, personal study and examinations.
- This course is not available to international student visa holders
Postgraduate coursework degrees and combined (coursework and research) degrees comprise a number of units. Refer to the course structure for more information.