Bachelor of Economics/Master of Economics
Fees and scholarships
Fees for this course are currently being finalised, refer back to this page in the coming weeks as more information will be made available then.
For fee type definitions and further assistance, see the Fee Calculator Help page.
You can also search our database for scholarships that are relevant to you or your desired course.
The University of Western Australia welcomes applications from international and domestic school-leavers, mature-age applicants and those with previous tertiary study. If you’re interested in studying this major, find out the admission details below.
How to apply
Ready to apply for this major? Follow the steps and you’ll be on your way to joining us at UWA.
This double degree will provide students with high-level, discipline-specific knowledge in economics, with a heavy focus on developing your quantitative and analytical skills, and on exposing students to the breadth of disciplines that economics can cover. Our accelerated pathway means you will finish your two degrees in only four years, with the additional benefit of two dedicated experiential units that will provide unique opportunities for work integrated learning, internships, or developing your research skills.
About the course
Why study this course
- Advanced data analytic and critical thinking skills, which are highly valued skills in the workplace.
- Develop a deep and broad knowledge of economics.
- The chance to study with and learn from world-class researchers.
You'll learn to
- Identify and critically reflect on landmark events in Australia's economic history and the global economy
- Analyse economic relationships using sophisticated statistical techniques
- Communicate the results of economic research to a wide range of potential stakeholders, including other business professionals, policymakers in government and the public at large
This course requires an ATAR of 90.
A prerequisite course is Mathematics Applications (recommended Mathematics Methods), but students not having completed this will be able to take a mathematics bridging course as needed.
Gain practical experience
Gain practical, hands-on experience through this degree by:
- undertaking a work-integrated learning unit in your second or third year.
- undertaking a capstone experience during your fourth year (industry placement / work-integrated learning / research project).
Join notable UWA Business School alumni such as:
- Bob Hawke (former Prime Minister of Australia)
- Colin Barnett (former Premier of WA)
- H. C. ‘Nugget’ Coombs (former Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia)
- Mark Barnaba (co-founder and formerly co-executive Chairman of Azure Capital)
- Professor Dr Boediono (former vice-president of Indonesia)
The UWA Business School is accredited through both EQUIS, the European Quality Improvement System, and AACSB, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. These are the leading business school accreditations in Europe and North America respectively, meaning that your business degree will be recognised by employers around the world.
A course unique in Western Australia
This course is entirely unique: UWA is the only university in Western Australia to offer a dedicated Bachelor of Economics.
You'll also have the opportunity to join the Economics Society of Australia (WA Chapter) to increase your networks and develop lifelong relationships in the industry.
Our postgraduates earn more
The Trading Room
Your degree options
More information coming soon.