Biodesign Medical Technology Innovation
Based on the biodesign methodology for innovating medical technologies, this unit provides you with the opportunity to identify and research real clinical unmet needs, brainstorm a medical technology solution, and learn the medical device development process.
Upon successful completion, you'll receive:
- Six PD Points, convertible to academic credit for BMED5001 Biodesign Medical Technology Innovation
- A Certificate of Achievement
- A UWA Plus Professional Development Transcript, listing all successfully completed micro-credentials
- Delivery mode
- Start date
- Dates to be confirmed. To keep up-to-date on micro-credentials register here.
- 10 weeks total (1 week pre-reading, 6 weeks attendance period, followed by 3 week final group assignment)
- 150 hours of learning. 6 full days of lectures and workshops on Friday/Saturday
- Academic Leads
- Professor Kevin Pfleger and Intan Oldakowska
- $2,365 inc. GST
- Critical information summary
- BMEDM501 – Critical information summary [PDF, 115KB]
Identify and characterise a clinical unmet need.
Ideate and assess feasibility of a medical technology solution.
Develop a basic development pathway for translation of medical technology.
Fostering the next generation of biomedical innovators
Intan Oldakowska and Dr Matt Oldakowski, Co-Directors of Perth Biodesign, discuss how we’re fostering the next generation of biomedical innovators.