This micro-credential is for engineering professionals looking to upskill in the offshore energy sector. In this course you will develop knowledge of offshore site investigation as well as the principles of offshore geotechnical engineering design.
You will learn how to better interpret site investigation data, understand the principles of a variety of offshore foundation design methods and perform engineering calculations.
Upon successful completion, you'll receive:
- Two PD Points - stackable for unspecified academic credit in award courses
- A Certificate of Achievement
- A UWA Plus Professional Development Transcript, listing all successfully completed micro-credentials
- Delivery mode
- Course date
- 20 - 21 May 2021
- Applications close
- 13 May 2021
- 50 hours (including contact hours, personal study time and assessment)
- Academic lead
- Associate Professor Britta Bienen
- $990 inc. GST
- Critical information summary
- OCENM525 – Critical information summary [PDF, 41KB]
Two-day intensive followed by completion of practical work
Techniques to interpret offshore site investigation data
Solve engineering problems using test data and geotechnical engineering principles
Apply principles of offshore geotechnical engineering to the design of foundations and other components
Why study this course?
- Gain knowledge of important concepts in site investigation and practical skills to apply these concepts
- Enhance your professional experience in site investigation with training based on recent research and industry insights
How does it work?
You'll work on practical exercises and assignments.
What's next after this course?
- This micro-credential is part of a pathway to completion of Applied Offshore Geotechnical Engineering unit when stacked with Offshore Environment, the Building Blocks and Project Life Cycle of Offshore Infrastructure Projects and Geotechnical Engineering of Offshore Pipelines