With this micro-credential you will gain introductory knowledge to coastal ocean observations. This course is ideal for practicing engineers, coastal planners and to those who want to develop knowledge on ocean observing.
You will be provided the theoretical background for the different sensors and different space/time scales associated with data acquisition. An overview of the different sources for data from both globally and locally (e.g. IMOS) will be provided.
Upon successful completion, you'll receive:
- Two PD Points - stackable for unspecified academic credit in award courses
- A Certificate of Achievement
- A UWA Plus Professional Development Transcript, listing all successfully completed micro-credentials
- Course date
- 12 - 13 July 2021 Applications close
- 5 July 2021
How to articulate the role of coastal observations in our society
Explore different techniques for coastal observations
Apply knowledge of basic science and engineering fundamentals to ocean coastal observations
Why study this course?
- Gain knowledge of important concepts in coastal ocean observations and practical skills to apply these concepts
- Enhance your professional experience in coastal observation roles with training based on recent research and industry insights
How does it work?
You'll work on practical exercises and assignments.