Examine organisational structures, methods, systems and procedures to solve organisational problems and streamline efficiency.
Roles and responsibilities
- gather information on the function of each area within an organisation and the specific duties undertaken by each individual; by talking with managers or supervisors and interviewing staff
- assess the types of tasks undertaken in each section, the methods or systems used, the length of time taken for an individual to complete a task and any problems involved in undertaking the task
- review internal training manuals, files and job descriptions to obtain additional information
- study data such as statistical records, reports and organisational charts
- identify problem areas and find solutions by considering alternatives, taking into account the benefits and costs of any recommendations
- write detailed reports and provide statistical evidence to support the conclusions and recommendations
- assist in the implementation of new systems
- talk to experts in other fields when introducing new equipment such as computers, computer systems and specialised programs
Management Consultancy is a broad field and you may work with a consultancy firm, government department or a commercial or industrial organisations.
Postgraduate Courses To Become
The University of Western Australia