Artists conceive and create visual representations to investigate, respond to or communicate an impression or idea.
Roles and responsibilities
What does an Artist do?
Artists may perform the following tasks:
- produce two-dimensional or three-dimensional forms
- employ a number of methods such as painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture and ceramics to realise their ideas
- take part in group or individual exhibitions
- be commissioned to create a specific piece of work for an individual or organisation.
- What personal requirements will you need?
- Artistic ability
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Creative and the ability to conceptualise ideas
- Promotional skills.
Undergraduate Courses To Become
Recommended major/s to pursue this career
The University of Western Australia