Use your skills to define software requirements, identify specifications and guide program design and development.
Roles and responsibilities
Analysts may perform the following tasks:
- research how IT systems are used and look at ways to improve use and efficiency
- review and develop computer systems, computer languages, data communication processes and user interface devices
- test new IT system designs and fix design problems
- test new system components
- write reports describing findings, sometimes for publication
As an Analyst you may work on a freelance basis or, with experience and sufficient start-up money, there are opportunities for self-employment. Analyst staff usually start as programmers, although an IT qualification can also be a successful entry point.
The University of Western Australia