UWA User Generated Content
Why you should share your content with us
We want to see UWA through your lens. UWA is vibrant, diverse and inclusive community. A place to seek new experiences, friendships and fun. You can give future UWA students a preview of life at UWA, and alumni a memento to look back on. Plus, just for sharing your story using #UWA and showcasing the UWA experience, you could win some cool prizes!
How to share your content
Capture what you love about UWA in video or any other format and post it to your favourite social media channels. It’s essential to add the following tags to your content to ensure its seen by the UWA community – which gives you the opportunity to win some cool merch. Share your content through using these hashtags #UWA, #universitywa, #uwastudents
Look and Feel
This is your opportunity to express your creativity, innovation and experimentation! Your originality is the key factor in making your content stand out. Your content does not need to be produced with professional equipment (though it is recommended), but it should be visually engaging and reflect the striking UWA campus. Of course, your content must not contain any form of profanity, vulgarity, discriminatory or inappropriate content.
Your content should showcase your UWA experience in a polished and visually appealing manner. It should also be produced and shot at a high resolution, with little to no compression to the image quality in order to bring out the best in your content.
Even though it is not mandatory to include video captions or sound, it is highly recommended as this would make your content more understandable and accessible to more people.
Some recommended photo ideas:
- Portrait Photography
- Landscape Photography
- Sports Photography
- Architectural Photography
- Creative Composite Images
Some recommended video ideas:
- Lifestyle Vlogs
- Educational content
- Content surrounding your student experience
The recommended duration for your video content is largely dependent on the type and style of content you produce. Hence, the following timeframes are just a guide; it is not essential to adhere to it strictly.
Generally videos should last anywhere from 60 - 80 seconds, but this is largely dependent on the type of content you produce.
YouTube videos should last anywhere between 3 - 12 minutes. Ensure that your content is only as long as it needs to be; the most effective videos deliver their message in the most succinct method.
Instagram feed videos are recommended at around the 30 second mark.
Videos can last from 15, 30, 60 seconds and even up to 3 minutes. The most suitable duration will depend on what the content is.
Tone of Voice
Informal, playful, authentic, friendly.
- Use the words “we” when talking about UWA in the first person and use “you” to address the audience. This establishes a more personal feel and both parties are on an equal playing field.
- Be clear and concise. Keep it brief and simple, as people scroll on Instagram in particular very quickly.
- Avoid jargon and specialist language.
- Most people access social media on their mobile phone devices, so keep in mind only the first few lines of the caption will show.
- Focus on people and their stories. Use real voices from the UWA community. This will help to engage the audience as they have someone real to relate to.
- Jump on trends or current pop culture (such as Tik Tok / Reels) to attract attention, but make sure it’s authentic to your UWA experience!
Where your photos might be published
If chosen, your content will be featured on numerous channels.
- UWA social media channels
- UWA website
- UWA campaigns and marketing material
- On Campus posters or signage, and more!
- Terms and Conditions
The University of Western Australia invites you to create, post, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content to us including but not limited to text, video, audio, photographs, graphics, or other material (collectively, “Content"). Content may be viewable by the public through UWA’s social media channels and through third-party websites. As such, any Content you post may be treated as non-confidential and non proprietary. When you create Content, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- The unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Content do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party. The use and distribution may occur in any media format and through any media channels.
- Your Content is not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Content is not unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Content is not obscene, violent, harassing, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable.
- Your Content does not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Content is not used to harass or threaten (in the legal sense those terms) any other person and to promote violence against a specific person or class of people.
- Your Content does not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Content does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Content do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
- Your Content does not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
- We do not assert any ownership over your Content. You retain full ownership of all of your Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Content. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Content. You are solely responsible for your Content and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Content.
- We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, (1) to edit, redact, or otherwise change any Content; (2) to re-categorize any Content to place them in more appropriate locations; and (3) to pre-screen or delete any Content at any time and for any reason, without notice. We have no obligation to monitor your Content.
- Contact Us
- For more information please contact email@example.com