The University of Western Australia (M355), 35 Stirling Highway, Perth, Western Australia 6009
131 UWA (131 892)
(+61 8) 6488 1000
Frequently asked questions
Events you may be interested in
Contemporary Issues in PRME Annual Lecture 2023
Explore the profound significance of water as an essential life force and how our relationship with it has changed since colonisation
- Categories: In-person and Online
- Audiences: CommunityStudying at UWA
Postgrad Information Sessions
Find out more at our postgraduate information sessions
- Categories: In-person
- Audiences: Postgraduate (considering postgraduate study)Graduates or near graduatesStudying at UWA
Careers and further study
Explore the career opportunities available to you.
Master of Education - Thesis and Coursework
Fees and scholarships
Learn more about the fees that apply to you for this course.
Domestic Student Fees
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Cost of living
If you’re interested in furthering your career by studying this postgraduate degree, find out the admission details below
(a)(i) a three year Bachelor's degree and a Graduate Diploma, or equivalent qualifications as recognised by UWA, or
(ii) a four year Bachelor of Education or Graduate Diploma in Education or Master of Teaching, or an equivalent qualification
as recognised by UWA, or
(iii) a Bachelor's degree requiring at least four years of full-time study; and
(b) normally at least two years of professional experience in a relevant occupation
Ranking and Selection Process
English is the language of instruction and assessment at UWA and you will need to meet the English language requirements of the University to be eligible for a place.
Minimum overall IELTS score of 7.0, with a minimum of 6.5 in reading and writing.
How to apply
Ready for the next step?
Find out how to apply through our simple online application process.
We'll guide you through our entry requirements, admission pathways available to you and application deadlines for your chosen course.
We can’t wait for you to join us!
About the course
- Perth (Crawley campus)
- Part-time only
- Semester 1
- The estimated time commitment is 10 hours per unit per week. This includes contact hours, personal study and assessments.
- This course is not available to international student visa holders
Postgraduate coursework degrees and combined (coursework and research) degrees comprise a number of units. Refer to the course structure for more information.
Why study this course
- UWA Graduate School of Education excellent reputation as a provider of postgraduate courses
- Individual supervisors for dissertation empirical research or desktop research
- Interact with like-minded professionals in education
You'll learn to
- Cognitive skills to review, analyse, consolidate and synthesise knowledge and identify and provide solutions to complex problems
- Cognitive skills to think critically and to generate and evaluate complex ideas
- Specialised technical and creative skills in the field of educational research
- Communication skills to demonstrate an understanding of theoretical concepts
- Communication skills to transfer complex knowledge and ideas to a variety of audiences