Design information for visual and audio communication, publication and display using print, film, electronic, digital, visual and audio media.
Roles and responsibilities
Graphic, web designers and illustrators are involved in creative positions.
Their tasks are to:
- determine the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
- undertake research and analysing functional communication requirements
- formulate design concepts for the subject to be communicated
- prepare sketches, diagrams, illustrations and layouts to communicate design concepts
- negotiate design solutions with clients, management, sales and production staff
- select, specify or recommend functional and aesthetic materials and media for publication, delivery or display; detailing and documenting the selected design for production
- supervise or carry out production in the chosen media
- may archive information for future client use
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics
Postgraduate Courses To Become
Coursework courses to pursue this careerPostgraduate study is not necessarily required for this occupation, but may be helpful for career advancement.
The University of Western Australia