Roles and responsibilities
As a medical administrator, you will manage an organisation or department responsible for health service delivery, within the authority of a chief executive officer, statutory board, area health service or central health authority.
Your position could call for you to:
- control administrative operations, such as budget planning and service and facility planning
- develop policies and procedures for relevant organisational activities
- represent an organisation to external bodies
- provide medico-legal services to the employing institution
- maintain quality, standards and discipline in relevant areas of medical practice in the institution
Coursework courses to pursue this careerPostgraduate study is not necessarily required for this occupation but may be helpful for professional advancement.
Relevant postgraduate courses include: