An entrepreneur is a person who organises and manages a business venture or enterprise with considerable initiative. They will assume the risk, responsibilities and potential rewards or failures of the venture.
Roles and responsibilities
What does an Entrepreneur do?
Entrepreneurs may perform the following tasks:
- Develop innovative business ideas
- Generate new products and services
- Find opportunities and work within an extremely diverse range of business or industry sectors
- Plan business ventures
- Research the market
- Consider financial costs
- Understand regulations and licensing requirements
What personal requirements will you need?
- a vision to recognise business opportunities
- ability to identify what people want and how to improve the business
- to be a creative thinker
- to be confident and enthusiastic
- commitment and determination
- leadership and management skills
- team building skills
- decision making and problem solving skills
- communication skills
- time management skills
- business and industry knowledge.
The University of Western Australia