Roles and responsibilities
As a development programmer, you will interprets specifications, technical designs and flow charts, builds, maintains and modifies the code for software applications, construct technical specifications from a business functional model, and test and write technical documentation.
Your other tasks will include:
- identify technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- test, debug, diagnose and correct errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
- write and maintain program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- write, update and maintain technical program, end-user documentation and operational procedures
- provide advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades.
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics