A Banker personally assists each individual client with unique financial needs and desires.
Roles and responsibilities
What does a Banker do?
Bankers may perform the following tasks:
- acts as an all-purpose liaison between the customer and the bank
- help customers with loan or mortgage applications, the buying and redeeming of certificates of deposits (CDs), the depositing and withdrawal of funds and checking account transactions
- answer and resolve qestions and problems which arise in the course of customer relations with a bank.
What personal requirements will you need?
- customer service focus
- sales orientation
- verbal and written communication skills
- flexibility and the ability to adapt to changes in the short and long term
- management and coaching skills
- commercial awareness and business acumen.
The University of Western Australia