Roles and responsibilities
An arts professional is typically involved in:
- conceiving and developing ideas, styles, characters, emotions and themes and translating them through artistic presentation
- reading scripts and undertaking research to gain understanding of parts, themes and characterisations
- composing music and dance routines and creating visual forms such as paintings, pictures and sculptures
- learning lines, parts, cues, dance routines and music
- performing music, dances, dramatic roles and other parts for audience entertainment
- transporting and setting up photographic equipment, and taking photographs.
Arts professionals may find employment as performers, writers, directors, managers and administrators within film, theatre, music or dance companies, galleries, museums and festival or events management companies. They may even be self-employed.
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics