Due to the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation, the content on this page may no longer be accurate.
We are reviewing and updating this content, and are still available to provide you with any support you need.
Your student advising office is your one-stop shop for all your course-related queries.
We can assist with:
- course advice and creating a study plan
- checking your enrolment
- advising on global and extra-curricular experiences
- helping you with complex matters regarding special consideration, credit transfer, approved leave, academic progression, graduation eligibility and other requests
Final-year Architecture major and Master of Architecture students can embark on a six-week studio in summer. Previous studios have been held in Lisbon, Athens, Bangkok, Singapore and Spain.
International Studio for Arts and Culture
Held in Bali over winter break, this two-week in-country program introduces you to the Balinese Hindu religion, iconography and imagery from important cultural situations to influence the production of your own visual literature.
Present your developing studio work to invited critics and receive feedback on your designs in week 7's Design Jury Week for studios in the Architecture program from Level 1 to master’s level.
End of semester exhibition
Join us to celebrate the end of the semester and view new work from students. Opening night is a tradition, attended by students, staff, alumni, industry, family and friends.
Fine Arts majors exhibition
Come and view new work from completing Fine Arts students.
View the prize-winning work from Design students in this annual exhibition.
The Design School is home to many facilities for you to use.
- Cullity Gallery
- Education, Fine Arts and Architecture Library
- Design Hub
- Design and Prototype Centre (a highly equipped installation and model-making workshop. To use this, you must complete a two-part safety induction (see Resources section)
- Australian Urban Design Research Centre (In Perth's CBD, the centre looks at novel solutions to urban challenges, exploring the creation of ecologically integrated cities for people)
Student Organised Network for Architecture (SONA)
SONA is the official student body of the Australian Institute of Architects, representing architecture students from across Australia. SONA organises national, state and local events that provide opportunities for you to collaborate with other students and professional designers.
AILA FRESH is a student- and graduate-run group from the Australian Institute of Landscape Architects. It supports and develops students in transitioning from university to finding their professional feet. Access events and other opportunities to socialise with peers and prospective employers. You can also gain job hunting tips, skill swaps, resources, inspiration, ideas and more.