8 Week Challenge
What's included in the 8 Week Challenge
Join the 8-week challenge and receive:
- A specialised challenge to suit your goals. Choose from Weight Loss Transformation or Peak Performance categories.
- 8-Week Training Program to help you reach your goals.
- Exclusive access to the UWA Sport 8 Week Challenge Facebook Group including weekly tips, mini challenges, exercise demo videos, recipes, ongoing support, motivation and more!
- Welcome pack including goodies from UWA Sport and our partners.
- A spot at our Check-In Day on Saturday 4 March, 10am-12pm to complete your pre-challenge benchmarking and goal setting.
- Plus, the top performers from both Weight Loss Transformation and Peak Performance categories will win prizes valued at over $500!
4 March - 29 April 2023
Regardless of your current fitness level or ability, the UWA Sport 8-Week Challenge will set you well on your way to accomplishing your goals.
Receive fitness guidance, motivation and accountability from our UWA Sport trainers and your peers to achieve the results you desire.
Plus, attend our Check-In Day on Saturday 4 March from 10am–12pm to go in the running to win prizes worth over $500!
Ready to take on the challenge? Visit our friendly team at the UWA Fitness Centre or contact us on [email protected] to sign up today!
Registrations open Monday 13 February and close Sunday 26 February 2023.
Early Bird Pricing (13 February-26 February 2023)
- Gym member: $74
- Non-gym member: $114*
- Gym member: $104
- Non-gym member: $144*
Standard Pricing (From 26 February)
- Gym member: $84
- Non-gym member: $124
- Gym member: $114
- Non-gym member: $154
*all Non-Gym Member purchases include 8 weeks' access to the UWA Gym.
Frequently asked questions
When does the challenge start and finish?The 8 Week Challenge commences March 4 2023 and concludes April 29 2023
Who can register?
The 8 Week Challenge is available to all members and non-members. Non-members can register for the program by signing up with the non-member registration package that includes both the challenge and gym access during the 8-week period. You must be at least 16 years of age before registering in the 8 Week Challenge. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian will need to sign your registration and complete a Pre-Exercise Questionnaire on your behalf.
All fitness levels are welcome, whether beginner, intermediate or advanced; this challenge is tailored to you!
When do registratons begin and end?Registrations open on 13 February 2023 and close on 26 February 2023.
What's included in my registration?
Your registration in the UWA Sport 8-Week Challenge includes:
- 8-week periodised training program
- Pick your programs based on your goals - Weight Loss Transformation or Peak Performance
- First place and runner up prizes for both male and female competitors in each category - Weight Loss Transformation and Peak Peformance
- Exclusive access to the UWA Sport 8 Week Challenge Facebook Group for ongoing support, tips and recipes.
- Exclusive programs delivered to you through the UWA Gym app. Simply open the app and follow the videos to complete the program.
- Weight Loss Transformation participants receive before/after photos and measurements to track your results.
- End of Challenge event and award ceremony for all participants
- Non-members also receive 8 weeks' unlimited access to the UWA Fitness Centre.
Which category should I register for?Your fitness goals and desired results will determine the challenge category you should enter. If you are looking to lose fat, get lean and transform, you should choose the Weight Loss Transformation category. If you are looking to build muscle mass, improve strength and athletic performance, then the Peak Performance category is for you. If you are unsure which would best suit your goals, reach out to one of our Fitness Professionals who can advise you on the most suitable option.
What results can I expect?As individuals differ, so do their results - even when using the same program. However, the category you select will contribute to your results. Training outcomes may include, but are not limited to, fat loss, building lean muscle, improvements in strength, performance, mobility, endurance and mental clarity.
Do I need a Personal Trainer?We highly recommend engaging the services of one of our Personal Trainers to provide you the best guidance and accountability throughout the challenge, which can lead to greater results. If you're interested in engaging a Personal Trainer for the duration of the Challenge, browse our Trainers and get in touch to kick-start your results. Prices for additional PT sessions may vary.