The Science Experience at UWA
- The University of Western Australia, Crawley Campus
- Map location
Date and time
- 12, 13, and 14 January 2021
- A secondary school student in Year 9
- A secondary school student in Year 10
- $190 per student (including GST)
- Register online for the Science Experience at UWA
Explore the wonders of science and find out what it’s like studying STEM at university! The Science Experience is being held at the University of Western Australia on 12, 13 and 14 January 2021.
The University of Western Australia is excited to welcome Year 9 and 10 students to our campus to discover the secrets of STEM at WA’s most established and research focused university. Students will have access to our facilities and experience hands-on activities in laboratories where scientists carry out research every day!
You will meet UWA scientists and learn about their world-leading research, participate in hands-on and educational activities in laboratories, and see extraordinary demonstrations of science in action.
You’ll also get the chance to talk to current UWA STEM students, as well as graduates working in the field, who will give you an insight into what university life is really like and the kind of jobs you can find after graduating.
Come to UWA to experience:
- How is Virtual Reality being used in research and teaching at UWA
- Levitation and motion of experimental Physics
- Systems beyond Earth in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- The colours, sounds and investigative techniques of Chemistry
- How to support a growing world through Agricultural Science
- How we determine which resources we need to monitor and invest in through Environmental Management
- The wonders of the deep with Marine Science
- Where Mathematics solves everyday problems
- What makes WA’s flora and fauna so unique
- What you can expect in first year Anatomy
- Who our UWA graduate Engineers are
- Technology created by research initiatives to answer key scientific questions
- And much, much more!
About science at UWA
UWA is Western Australia’s top-ranked university, and is ranked in the world’s top 50 university’s for Agricultural sciences, Biological sciences, Clinical medicine, Ecology, Environmental science and engineering, Human biological sciences, Marine/ocean engineering, Mining and mineral engineering, Oceanography (ARWU 2019).
More information on science courses at UWA.