What are the benefits?
- Apply the skills and knowledge gained in your academic studies to a relevant professional environment
- Network with people working in your field and identify career opportunities in your discipline
- Master new skills and reflect on your professional development
- Develop an awareness of work-place culture and expectations
- Add the experience and referees to your CV
- 6 points - Option Unit
- 80 - 100 hours of work placement paired with learning content and assessment
- Work placement paired with learning content and assessment
- Ungraded Pass/Fail
- Up to 10 places available in Semester 1
- More information from UWA Handbook
- In 2019 the unit code will be changed to SCIE5304
- Must have space in course for 6 point option unit
- Masters student
- Approval from Course Coordinator
- Good Academic standing with WAM of 70 (or equivalent)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and spoken communication skills
How to apply
Apply by email using your student email account.
- Email subject line: Application: Name, student number
- Attach Word or PDF documents:
- Faculty Approval Form
- Cover letter
- Letter of reference
Applications for Semester 1, 2019 closed on the 1st November.
Applications for Semester 2, 2019 will open in February 2019.
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Science is uncovering exactly how it has the power to change our world for the better
The Faculty of Science connects several disciplines to explore big questions facing humanity across human, environmental and agricultural sciences.
As a leading Australian research-intensive university, UWA’s Faculty of Science is at the forefront of discovery.
PhD opportunities in Science
You can research your PhD at UWA and join leading academics and researchers on innovative projects answering the world’s big questions through our PhD opportunities in Science.
If you have any questions about how to get involved
Email your enquiries to[email protected]
Speak to the Science Placement Officer during business hours(+61) 8 6488 8744
The Science Student Office Agriculture Central building, Hackett Drive on the UWA Perth campus.Campus map