Dr Bonnie Thomas
Started at UWA: 2004
UWA Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education Excellence in Teaching Award, 2018
Australian Awards for University Teaching Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning, 2017
Published Connecting Histories: Francophone Caribbean Writers Interrogating Their Past (University of Mississippi Press), 2017
UWA Student Guild’s Student Choice Award, 2014, 2016, 2017
Blues Writing: Jean-Claude Charles and Modern Caribbean Literature
Organised by the Jean-Claude Charles Collective based at Florida State University, this project aims to produce an edited collection on a key writer who has been neglected in critical literature in the field.
Dr Thomas believes it’s a privilege to teach students and enjoys how much she can learn from them, as well as seeing how much they learn from each other.
- UWA Faculty of Arts Excellence in Teaching Award – High Commendation, 2017
- UWA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2015, 2014, 2009, 2004
- UWA Excellence in Teaching Award nominations, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2013, 2010
- Finalist, UWA Faculty of Arts Excellence in Teaching Awards, 2016, 2012
- UWA nominee for National Excellence in Teaching Awards, 2016, 2015, 2011, 2006
- Nomination for UWA Faculty of Arts Excellence in Research Supervision