Winthrop Professor Nolan Sharkey
Started at UWA: 2014
Nolan’s current projects include:
- Language and Law – a book on the challenges that language, interpretation and translation pose to legal ideals.
- Critical guide to tax in China – a book based on his Tax in China course materials, built on 20 years of research and analysis.
- Chinese Society and Taxation – publication of his PhD thesis as a book.
- Essays of Chinese Tax and Government – a compilation of his published essays with additional notes and supplements.
- Issues in international trust taxation – a book on trust and international trust raising previously unasked questions and drawing on sociological work.
- Critical tax review of Ukraine – applying international tax analysis to a transitional state in collaboration with local experts.
- Social connections, economic rationalism and the State (Law) – theory work.
- The Chinese way and the West.
- Democracy, corruption and the ‘overriding issue’.
- Course materials on international tax and double tax agreements.