Professor Eun-Jung Holden
Started at UWA: 1989
Women in Technology WA (WiTWA) Tech [20+] Awards, 2019
The UWA Vice Chancellor’s Award in Impact and Innovation, 2015
Laric Hawkins Memorial Innovation Award - the 23rd International Geophysics Conference and Exhibition, 2013
Commendation in the Innovation Category of the WA Information Technology & Telecommunications Award, 2004
- Leading the development of the Auslan Tuition System that helps people learning Australian deaf sign language called Auslan. This system won Commendation in the Innovation category of the 14th Western Australian Information Technology and Telecommunications Awards (WAITTA) in 2004.
- Successful commercialization of three software products (2010, 2011, 2015 - ongoing) in partnership with leading software vendors, which had significant uptake by global resource industry.
- Establishing and growing the Geodata Algorithms Team that is highly effective in industry engagement and tool delivery, as well as fostering multi-disciplinary training for students and staff.
- Fostering long-term and growing the scale of research partnership with industry by delivering a clear value to industry partners
Board and Professional Memberships
- Science Advisory Board member of Advanced Mining Technology Centre (AMTC) in Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
- Board member, Australia Korea Business Council of Western Australia (AKBCWA)
- Associate Editor, Computers and Geosciences, Elsevier
- Senior member, IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- Member, ASEG(Australian Society of Exploration Geophysicists), Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM)
- Speaker for Raising the Bar (RTB), Perth, October 2019
- Panelist on Innovative Exploration Methods at the International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC), October 2019
- Panelist for the AusIMM Thought Leaders Series, Perth, attended by 130 mining professionals, July 2019
- Panelist for Women in Data Science (WiDS) WA, March, 2019
- Keynote speaker (and geodata analytics workshop) for the11th Fennoscandian Exploration and Mining, Finland, 2017
- Panelist for The Future of Data Science, UWA Research Week Event, September, 2016
New partnership develops machine assisted geological modelling
A new four-year $3.6 million research partnership between The University of Western Australia (UWA) and Rio Tinto Iron Ore will lead to improved efficiency in geological modelling, through innovative data science solutions.Read more