MBA Teaching Fellow Dee Roche
Started at UWA: 2003
A lifelong learner and innovator in leadership, strategic change and transformation
My role is to prepare students for the relentless and ever-accelerating rate of change.MBA Teaching Fellow Dee Roche
MBA Teaching Fellow Dee Roche is a coordinator and lecturer at the UWA Business School, specialising in leadership, strategic change and transformation. Since 2009, Dee has coordinated the MBA Organisational Change and Transformation unit. She is a passionate change-maker who puts theory into practice by marrying together lived experience and academic understanding of change and transformation.Dee’s UWA journey began in 2003 and over the last 17 years, she has worked in a variety of roles including the UWA Executive Education as a Senior Management Consultant in the areas of leadership, strategic change and transformation.
Before commencing her role in academia, Dee started her career as a registered general and paediatric nurse educator. Her experiences of travel and education opportunities in England, Saudi Arabia, Papua New Guinea, Southeast Asia and Australia kick-started her transition from nurse to UWA. A life-long learner, Dee describes her career as a continuous work in progress, neither finishing one position nor starting another.
Her cumulative experiences provide her with a rich source of portability and transferability into the diverse fields of health, education, social impact and facilitation. Her personal philosophy is to provide ‘service at its best’. She is also actively involved in student support and mentorship programs at UWA.
- Master in Leadership and Management, Curtin University, WA
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, GAICD
- Certified Learning and Development Practitioner, CLDP
- Foundations of University Teaching and Learning Certification
- IAP2 Australasia Certificate in Engagement
- TAE40110 Certificate 1V in Training and Assessment
- Diploma in Assessment and Training System
- Spiral Dynamics Integral Technologies: Level One Certification
- PsyOpus Team Synergy Scale Accreditation
- Design Thinker: Experience Innovation
- Senior Management Consultant at AIMWA–UWA Business School Executive Education
- Director of Dee Roche Leadership Development Consultancy
- Registered Nurse (current) (WA Registration No: 7456)
- Registered Sick Children's Nurse (UK Registration No: 0026)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Administrator, Australian Psychologists Press
Awarded Fellow of the Australian Institute of Professional Facilitators, FAIPF
Awarded Fellow of the Risk Management Institute of Australasia, FRMIA
Awarded a Gold Leaf Honour Award for contributions to people who are blind and deaf
Awarded Fellows' Recognition for Leadership in Mentoring
2014 winner of the UWA Excellence in Teaching and Research Awards (Program Award)
2013 winner of the UWA Excellence in Teaching Award
Nominee for Western Australian Women’s Hall of Fame (2014)
Nominee of The University of Western Australia Excellence in Teaching Award (2014, 2015, 2016 & 2018)
UWA's Business School offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses aimed at inspiring students to become the innovative world leaders of tomorrow.
Management is the backbone of any organisation, providing organisational, operational, staffing and resourcing expertise that can be applied anywhere, anytime.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Intensive
Our MBA Intensive gives you the opportunity to enhance your career prospects through more direct contact with business leaders and a personalised leadership development program.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Flexible
Learn how to lead in any situation; whether it be building a commercial enterprise or not-for-profit organisation from the ground up, or running a large, multinational company.