Career Connect - Project Lagro
What is Project Lagro?
Project Lagro is a new app offered through Microsoft Teams designed to prepare and enable students to navigate their career journey in a personalised and user-friendly manner. By creating a unique LinkedIn experience and a set of recommended action-oriented activities, the app lays the groundwork for student success by connecting students with jobs, people, and learning resources that are closely aligned with their skills and aspirations.
What are the benefits of Project Lagro?
Project Lagro will accompany students from the first-year orientation through graduation, and beyond. The student experience is private and personalised using labor market insights from the LinkedIn Economic Graph that consists of more than 20 million open jobs, 660 million members, 36 thousand listed skills, and 30 million companies across more than 200 countries. We use a machine learning model that identifies skills and skill gaps based on major, completed courses, and favorited job roles.
What opportunities does Project Lagro offer?
- Access to expert guidance on steps students can take to navigate their career
- Identify the skills students have gained from learning and work experiences using an AI-based skills identifier
- Discover the skills needed for a first job and any future career aspirations. Skill insights are based on LinkedIn data from 20M jobs with 36k skills and 660M people at 30M companies.
- Learn about jobs, skills, and career paths held by UWA alumni on LinkedIn
- Easily discover learning resources available for job-relevant skills
- Connect with peers and mentors at UWA to support student career goals
How do I access the app?
As you have completed your Student Consent Form, we are pleased to extend an invitation to you to participate in the pilot round of Project Lagro. The consent form outlines what data is collected and shared with Microsoft. Access to the Project Lagro Teams site will only be granted to students who have competed their consent form.
1. Log onto [Microsoft Teams] by entering your student email address
- This will initiate UWA Single Sign-on (SSO)
- Login with your student number and password
- Click on “Teams” icon and download the app. You can also download the mobile app by following the instructions on the Microsoft download page or by downloading it from the iOS Apple Store or Google Play Store. Make sure you turn on your notifications as well. If you are not familiar with Microsoft Teams please have a look at this quick video which will help you get started.
2. Go to the Lagro Test Team > General channel
3. Take the Pre-launch survey
Open tab called "Project Lagro Beta" and start to explore!
- Engagement Activities
Welcome to Project Lagro!
By participating in the Project Lagro Pilot you have the option to explore the app and engage in different, short activities with the goal of providing feedback. Since the app is being developed, your feedback will help shape the feature iterations of Project Lagro. Monthly engagement activities will be e-mailed to you and posted on the Teams channel. Some of these activities are:
- Quick pulse surveys
- Design evaluation
- Concept walkthroughs focus group
- Participatory Design sessions
- 1:1 feedback interview
You have the option to choose the frequency and extent of your participation.
- Engagement Recognition
Students who engage with the optional activities will have a first-hand experience in piloting a developing product offering them a unique product exposure experience. That said, students that engage in at least 4 activities will receive a personalised LinkedIn Recommendation on their profile from one of the Microsoft project leads to boost their LinkedIn profile upon request.
Thank you and welcome to Project Lagro! We’re excited to work with you.
If you have any questions, please contact us at project email@example.com
- Proposed Engagement Plan
PROPOSED ENGAGEMENT PLAN
WEEK 1: Pre-Launch and Teams app set up
WEEK 4: Students can choose to complete 1 or all of the following options:
- Spend 10-15 Min on the app and complete 1st impression feedback survey
- Set up your profile and complete the onboarding experience survey
- Sign up for UserTesting.com
WEEK 8: Students can choose to complete 1 or all of the following options:
- Engage with “goals and activities” (complete 2-3 activities) and complete survey
- Engage with the Job explorer/role/open position and complete survey
- Sign up for 1:1 feedback session with Lagro Research team
WEEK 11: Students can choose to complete 1 or all of the following options:
- Engage with Networking tab and “Connect” feature and complete survey
- Find 1-2 relevant connections to your goal and connect with them
- Provide feedback on designs through Usertesting.com
WEEK 12: All participants are requested to complete the following:
- Complete the Post-launch survey
- Participate in a 30-min debriefing session (feedback on experience during the preview program)
- Provide final feedback on Lagro and student engagement