Events on campus
Frequently asked questions
- Can I still organise an event at UWA?
Yes you can; however, all events must comply with current WA State Government advice and University requirements.
The situation is constantly evolving. However, the University is monitoring this and changes will be implemented in line with government advice. This includes limits on the number of people gathering, physical distancing, the wearing of masks, hygiene/cleaning and adhering to contact tracing requirements.
- How many people are permitted at my event?
From 23 June 2021, there are no longer any capacity restrictions for venues and events, subject to WA State Government advice. This means private gatherings, concerts, sporting games, and weddings can go ahead at full capacity, provided they comply with all University and Government requirements.
Measures remain in place to keep these events safe:
- Businesses require a COVID Safety Plan and must maintain a contact register.
- Events with more than 500 patrons are required to complete a COVID Event Checklist or Plan.
- What are the current contact tracing requirements for events?
All event attendees must check in on arrival, either by scanning the venue QR code, or on a manual contact register. The WA Government’s SafeWA app is an easy way for people to check-in. A manual contact register must also be available.
More information for staff is available from the Staff Intranet.
- What are the current safe distancing requirements?
From 23 June 2021, there are no longer any capacity restrictions for venues and events, subject to WA State Government advice.
Patrons should still practice physical distancing where possible and should be reminded to practice good personal hygiene (wash hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitiser; cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use your elbow).
Hand sanitiser or easily accessible handwashing facilities must be available, as well as COVID-19 hygiene signage.
- Do I need to wear a mask to visit the University?
From 12 July 2021, as per the WA State Government’s directions, you will not need to wear a mask while visiting the UWA campus.
- What about student-run events?
Student-run events can still take place on campus. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your event meets all University and COVID safe requirements.
- Who can I contact with questions about COVID safety for my event?
For staff and internal UWA events, contact email@example.com.
For student events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.