Students on campus

With the return to baseline public health measures in Western Australia, The University of Western Australia will continue to closely monitor developments surrounding COVID-19 and its impact on the UWA community.

Aligned with State and Federal government public health advice, the University continues to encourage its community to get fully vaccinated, including having a booster dose when eligible.

Frequently asked questions

Will online learning continue to be available?

We understand that some of you may also have health concerns about learning on campus with the lifting of COVID restrictions.

Your units will continue to provide online learning where practicable and we encourage you to contact your Student Office if you have concerns or are unable to participate in a face-to-face activity. You can also apply for Special Consideration if needed. If you have an underlying health condition or disability and are concerned about attending campus, you can contact the UniAccess team to explore adjustments for your studies.

What happens to my studies if I am impacted by COVID-19

Check your unit guide and LMS page to see what arrangements your Unit Coordinator may have in place to help you continue online or manage any temporary impact.

If you need to use Special Consideration because of an impact on assessment, you will be able to self-declare a period of special consideration of up to 14 days without documentation once during the Semester. The online application system will enable you to complete a declaration as part of your submission. You will be required to provide details of the impact of COVID-19 on your ability to submit your assessment by the due period. If you miss an examination due to COVID-19 you will be required to submit either a PCR or Rapid Antigen Test (or other form of supporting evidence) detailing the COVID reasons preventing you from attending the exam, including accompanying proof that results have been registered online with the WA Health Department.

Students with documented cases of COVID-19 that affect their ability to complete units will be able to withdraw from all their units without academic penalty at any stage during the Semester. Students who withdraw due to COVID-19 will receive a full remission of fees paid and without impact to their weighted average mark (WAM). The University will also work with COVID-19 affected international students to ensure that any impact to their nominated completion date is understood and appropriate arrangements can be made.

Does UWA offer vaccinations?

Yes, you can book both Moderna and Pfizer vaccinations and booster shots at UWA Health and Medical Services. If you are not fully vaccinated, you are permitted to visit the UWA Health and Medical Services located on UWA Premises for the purpose of receiving your vaccination.

What vaccines are accepted as proof of vaccination for international students?

Vaccinations approved by the Australian government for entry into Australia are accepted by the University as an approved vaccine.

Are face masks mandatory for any health related services on campus?

Yes. To align with WA Heath Department requirements, face masks remain mandatory in settings where health care is delivered face-to-face.

Therefore, face masks are mandatory for staff and students in:

  • The Medical Centre;
  • Counselling and Psychological Services; and
  • UniAccess

Students visiting The Living Room are encouraged to wear masks, but it is not mandatory.

What are the plans for exams?

Visit the exams website for the latest information.

If the University closes, will I still be able to complete my degree on time?

We are continuing our tuition obligations through and a mixture of online and blended modes. Please check your student emails for more information.

What resources are available to help me study remotely?

There are a number of online learning tools and support services available to assist you. The Library's Learning online for students page provides a summary of resources.

Can students with access requirements or caring responsibilities access adjustments through UniAccess?

Yes. UniAccess can assist you if you have a physical or mental health condition, issue or disability affecting your studies. UniAccess is also able to assist you if you are caring for someone who is living with a disability. Appointments are available face-to-face or via phone.

What should I do if I feel anxious about coronavirus?

Visit Supporting you through COVID-19 to learn tips and strategies on staying well during this time.

What if I'm due to graduate?

Visit the UWA Graduations page for up to date information.

Are you needing help to connect with UWA specialist support services?

UWA Student Welfare provides support, advise and helps connect students with specialist support services, both on campus and within the community.

Our team can help talk through accommodation, study support, general life events or help connect you with specialist health and wellbeing services welfare officers. If you are worried or simply need someone to talk to Student Welfare can be reached by email at or by phone through Student Wellbeing 6488 2427.