The University of Western Australia is closely monitoring developments surrounding COVID-19 and its impact on the UWA community.
COVID-19 update: 25 January 2022
Masks are mandatory for Perth, Peel and Great Southern in all indoor public venues from 6pm, Sunday 16 January.
Staff, students and visitors must wear masks when indoors on UWA's Perth, Peel and Albany campuses, unless exemptions apply.
The University is proactively increasing measures to protect the health and safety of its staff, students, and visitors to its campuses as Western Australia prepares to open its borders and experiences increasing case numbers. From 7 February 2022, all staff, students and visitors will be required to show proof of full vaccination as a condition of entry to all our WA campus venues and facilities.
All staff and students already subject to State Government health directions must continue to comply with these.
We have developed a set of FAQs to answer further questions about access to campus.
The University will continue to provide regular updates to the UWA community.
Information surrounding COVID-19 health advice is dynamically changing and the information on this page may change at short notice.
UWA students: Please check your student email accounts for the latest advice.
UWA staff: Please check your email account and the Staff Intranet.
The University is continuing to monitor the situation closely and will continue to provide advice, care and support to our community and follow all directives by the WA Department of Health and Government agencies. For information regarding COVID-19 testing, please visit the WA Government website.
Frequently asked questions
- Visit the Students website for information on library, IT, financial and wellbeing support throughout COVID-19.
- Contact your Student Advising Office via askUWA.
- Contact Student Wellbeing on 6488 2423 for advice on study, emergency financial and housing options and other support.
- Contact the University Library for assistance from specialist librarians and IT staff.
- If you are studying remotely and require IT support, call +61 8 6488 7335.
- If you are a prospective student, there are multiple ways to contact us for advice.
- If you are a current staff member, visit the Staff Intranet to find contact details for HR, IT, Campus Management, the Educational Enhancement Unit and other areas.
- If you are a prospective staff member, please email email@example.com.
- Please contact the event organiser or venue for any event-specific enquiries.
- If you're a journalist or media professional you can reach our media team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +61 8 6488 3229.
The situation surrounding coronavirus health and travel advice is dynamically changing and the above information may change at short notice.