Dr Kevin Murray
Started at UWA: 2011
Expert applied biostatistician
Dr Kevin Murray is an experienced applied biostatistician working in the fields of population health, medicine and health sciences. On a daily basis he has continued interaction and collaboration with researchers from WA's larger teaching hospitals along with involvement in numerous population-based studies.
With 20 years of statistical experience, Dr Murray has acquired extensive knowledge and expertise in clinical trials and epidemiological studies. The former of these expanding on his knowledge from previous work at AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals UK, leading to current involvement in numerous clinical trials in varying roles from primary statistician to member of the data safety monitoring board.
His general statistical interests concern applications of statistics in medicine and health sciences, and he has recently provided several statistical methodology research articles and developed software packages in this area.
Today, Dr Murray provides statistical services, advice and training in all areas of biostatistics and teaches biostatistics within the postgraduate public health program in the School of Population and Global Health, as well as conducting research in biostatistical methodology and as a biostatistician across many discipline areas.
He is also involved with the teaching units of Biostatistics I and Biostatistics II.
- BSc (University of Liverpool)
- MSc (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine)
- PhD (University of Sydney)
iCare Dust Diseases Care Board, Australasian Malignant PLeural Effusion (AMPLE)
- Lee, G., Maskell, N., Feller-Kopman, D., Murray, K., Creaney, J., Newton, R.U.
2017Telethon Perth Children’s Hospital Research Fund, CRIPTIC: Collaboration for Research and Innovation in Platform Trials in Children
- Snelling, T., Marsh, J., Richmond, P., Murray, K., Webb, S., Bellgard, M., Reid, C., Norman, R., Mckenzie, A., Pearson, G., Schultz, A.
2015-2017Cancer Council WA, Australian Malignant Pleural Effusion (AMPLE) Trial – 2
- Lee, G., Newton, R., Murray, K., Creaney, J., Thomas, R., Maskell, N.
NHMRC project grant, Do people with disabilities access community-based palliative care services and does this service relieve hospitals and emergency departments: A study of the needs of people with intellectual disability, multiple sclerosis and schizophrenia
- Rosenwax, L., Mcnamara, B., Semmens, J., Murray, K., Leonard, H., Kelly, B.
NHMRC project grant, Use of Emergency Departments by Vulnerable Groups During Their Last Year of Life
- Rosenwax, L., Mcnamara, B., Semmens, J., Murray, K., Hopkins, S., Auret, K.
Contact Dr Kevin Murray
Get in touch+61 8 6488 1224
Send an email@example.com