Dr Bonnie Thomas
Started at UWA: 2004
UWA Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education Excellence in Teaching Award, 2018
Australian Awards for University Teaching Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning, 2017
Published Connecting Histories: Francophone Caribbean Writers Interrogating Their Past (University of Mississippi Press), 2017
UWA Student Guild’s Student Choice Award, 2014, 2016, 2017
Blues Writing: Jean-Claude Charles and Modern Caribbean Literature
Organised by the Jean-Claude Charles Collective based at Florida State University, this project aims to produce an edited collection on a key writer who has been neglected in critical literature in the field.
Dr Thomas believes it’s a privilege to teach students and enjoys how much she can learn from them, as well as seeing how much they learn from each other.
- UWA Faculty of Arts Excellence in Teaching Award – High Commendation, 2017
- UWA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2015, 2014, 2009, 2004
- UWA Excellence in Teaching Award nominations, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2013, 2010
- Finalist, UWA Faculty of Arts Excellence in Teaching Awards, 2016, 2012
- UWA nominee for National Excellence in Teaching Awards, 2016, 2015, 2011, 2006
- Nomination for UWA Faculty of Arts Excellence in Research Supervision
European Language, Culture and Translation Studies
Study French, German, Italian and Spanish language and cultures, and Translation Studies at UWA as a major or complementary to other degrees.
English and Literary Studies
English and literary research in the School of Humanities investigates how we manufacture meaning through novels, poems, plays, film and television.
History research at UWA explores the past to illuminate the present and gain a deeper understanding of the world we live in.
School of Humanities
The School of Humanities explores everything there is to know and learn about being human in today's world.