Dr Xiaowei Feng
Offshore Foundation Systems, Centre for
- Contact details
- Centre for Offshore Foundation Systems
The University of Western Australia (M053)
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009
- +61 8 6488 2473
- BE PhD Liaoning
- Xiaowei was recruited as a Lecturer, which is funded by The Lloyd’s Register Education Trust (LRET), at COFS in September 2011. He firstly joined COFS in May 2010 as a visiting student following his 3 years study for the DPhil (PhD) degree in Geotechnical Engineering at Tianjin Universtiy, China. His current research is mainly on failure envelopes for subsea shallow foundations subjected to complex loading conditions.
- Key research
- Finite element analysis and design for shallow foundations in deep waters.
- Technical Reports
1. Feng, X., Randolph, M. F. and Gourvenec, S.M. (2011). Numerical analysis and design guidelines for shallow foundations under general loading. Report Geo:11566, Centre for Offshore Foundation Systems, University of Western Australia.
2. Feng, X., Randolph, M. F., M.S. Hossain and Gourvenec, S.M. (2011). Comparison of reulsts from numerical and physical modelling with predictions from proposed design method. Report Geo:11597, Centre for Offshore Foundation Systems, University of Western Australia
- Research profile
Research profile and publications